Friday, February 26, 2010

Slowly But Surely :)

And another! This one would have been posted on my little sister's birthday...and I'd thought about doing something sort of dedicated to her...yeah, it didn't happen. By the time I wrote this, her birthday had long since passed, and now I'm just trying to catch up. I will, I promise, it just might take me a little longer.

I'm actually quite proud of myself...this is month two, and I'm still committed to maintaining this! Usually I'd have given up by now, found myself distracted by something else, but my determination is holding strong! And so here you go, my next (very belated) post!

2/17/10

“Pink. Why did it have to be pink?” (NaNo)

Charley moaned as she beheld the frothy confection her sister had chosen for a bridesmaid’s gown. Pink. Why did it have to be pink? Charley hated pink, loathed it, despised the vomitous color. And now she had to walk down the church aisle, in front of a hundred people, wearing a pink gown. And it wasn’t just any pink gown. It was a pink princess gown, with a tulle overskirt, and ruffles edging the underskirt. She felt like throwing up. But she wouldn’t, she couldn’t. It was her sister, the one person for whom she would actually wear that hideous color. No one else, not even her mother, could manage to convince her to wear pink, in any shade or quantity. But for her sister’s wedding, Charley would wear it. She wouldn’t like it, but she would dress in the frothy confection, feeling like a badly dressed Barbie doll, and she would do her best to make her sister’s wedding the best day ever. After that, however, all bets were completely off. And she would have a blast getting back at Amie for the humiliation. A mischievous grin spread across her face as she began plotting her revenge. It would be harmless, harmless but hilarious. She laughed quietly. Oh, she couldn’t wait.

Total Time: 7 minutes
Word Count: 212

1 comment:

  1. These have been really cute so far! Kudos for actually keeping it up this long!

    ReplyDelete